Thursday, April 12, 2012

My New Headboard


  I am very happy with it.


My bed is so huge I might still need to lift the headboard a tad bit taller
 
Before
Here is the headboard I had on my bed before It was so pretty but just way to small for my huge king size bed. But don't worry I did not get rid of this beauty it has a new place now I will show on my blog soon.

Before
I found this headboard on craigslist for 50 bucks.
It was nice enough this weekend, that I could finally get back to painting outside! I did spray paint this, even though usually something so large I wouldn't. But since it has the kane backing I did ( I am not sure you can see if much in the photo but it is the lighter part) because I did not want the paint to the clump up in the kane area. It actually only took 1 & 1/2 cans of kilz spray primer and 2 cans of Krylon bright white satin spray paint.

Here is a close of the kane part.

 I ordered this applique from
www.doityourselfchic.com
You can't tell in the photo, but this applique is really big. I and going to but it on the top center of the headboard, I am super excited for it to come. But I was too excited about my new headboard to wait to do a post on it, so I'll do another after I add the applique


I took night time pictures and

day light pictures.

 


Time for bed! See you next time.

13 comments:

  1. The new headboard looks beautiful--I can't wait to see the applique on it. I bet it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really transformed the headboard into a lovely piece. I think your bedroom is so pretty.
    The applique will add the crowning touch.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new head board, and your whole bedroom is beautiful! It gives a feeling of sweet peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hepsi çok güzeller,teşekkürler.Sizi benim bloğa ekledim ve takip ediyorum yazılarınızı.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful headboard! You're so lucky to have such a large bedroom! The applique will add that special something!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. I hope you'll visit me too :-) Have a lovely weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bedroom is so pretty! Very feminine! I have to tell you that this is the first time I have seen your blog and I love your little puppies! So cute! ~Hugs, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! This is my first visit to your blog. I've enjoyed my visit! Come by when you get a chance!

    Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty! Very romantic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a beautiful transformation. It looks just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janae!

    Your old headboard was very pretty but this one is better proportioned for the bed. The large applique will really give it some character and be very pretty.

    Thanks for sharing this at my party this week!

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesday's Bunny Hop Party1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty! Your new headboard is perfect for your room and with the applique will be even better! Thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete